Friday, February 10, 2012

Working on the Present Perfect

Last class we did some exercises from pages 51 and 52. Now everyone should be confident about the use of the prepositions FOR and SINCE. Check the examples:
- I have known my Top 3 Flex students for three weeks. (Period of time)
- We have been in class for one hour.(Period of time)
- We have been in class since 6:45 PM. (the moment, hour, day, month the "action" started.)

We use present perfect in various situations, one of which is to TALK ABOUT EVENTS THAT STARTED IN THE PAST AND ARE STILL GOING ON:
- Edson has lived in Brasilia since 1990. He has lived here for 12 years.
- Sheila has been a student in Thomas Jefferson for three weeks. She is new at school.

We also use the Present Perfect Tense to TALK ABOUT EVENTS THAT HAPPENED AT AN INDEFINITE TIME IN THE PAST:
- Emerson has written a comment in our blog. Have you read it?
- Adriana has chosen a book for the speech class.

Emerson has suggested that we visit a great blog for English language learners.
check it: http://www.eslpod.com/website/index_new.html
I liked it!!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Don't forget to do the extra exercise and the workbook!

4 comments:

  1. I have liked a lot this blog since I visited it! I will try to make all exercises!
    Be careful!
    Emerson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished the exercises, but some doubts coming together. Well, I will discuss them at class tomorrow, ok?
    Have a nice end of Sunday! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Marta,

    I have finished the exercises, but some doubts incoming. I will bring them to our class tonight!
    See you soon.

    Emerson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get a chance to solve your doubts?If not, talk to me next class.

    ReplyDelete