Sunday, February 26, 2012

Looking forward to meeting you

Dear Students,
How was your holiday? Did you enjoy Carnival? Did you see the Samba schools? I thought unidos da Ticuca was fabulous, but I was so sad Mangueira was in the 7th position. I thought that was unfair. I was in Mangueira twice, so it is the school of my heart. And what about that confusion in São Paulo? Horrible, right?
What about you English? Did you have a chance to practice it over the holiday? Maybe you read a book or saw a movie? Did you remember to do some workbook exercises?
I'll see you tomorrow! Sleep tight and don't let the bad bugs bite!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Marta,

    I had a great Carnival vacation, but far... far away of Samba Schools and Globo Channel! :-)
    I don't like samba, I preferred to spend my free time with go out to my family and play with my son. You impressed me when you told about you joined to Mangueira parade. That's a dream of thousand Brazilian people, except me. :-) How did you feel at Sapucai? Which samba School "ala" did you run (parade?) on Carnival? Was It funny? Well, I didn't get English book so much in this vacation, but I watched three movies in English (with English subtitles): The Artist (It was easy, because it is a silent movie, eheh), Midnight Paris (good movie) and Hugo Cabret (translated as "A invenção de Hugo Cabret"). This last one, was absolute simple, but fantastic for cinephiles (I don't know if it is the correct word for people than love movies and theaters). As you see, My vacation was fruitful.
    See you tomorrow.
    Best Wishes
    Emerson
    PS: The episode happened at Sao Paulo was terrible. Nobody have rights to do that. I was thinking about Olympic Games in Brazil in 2016. If the people don't respect the Samba Schools notes, what's we tell me about notes given to the Olympic Players?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Teacher Marta,

    Sorry, I missed our class yesterday, because I went out work just before 8 PM. Could you send me the missed Class exercises or slides?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed you too! There were no slides last class, but I have posted a link to the exercises I assigned for homework. If it doesn't work, let me know it.
    Have a great evening, Emerson!

    ReplyDelete